Global Artichoke Limited is incorporated in England (UK Company Registration Number 06016817 & Data Protection Registered Number ZA241353) (‘The Company’, ‘Global Artichoke’, ‘We’, ‘Us’). At Global Artichoke we are very serious about protecting your privacy. Your trust is our most important asset.
Details about the ICO (Information Comissioner’s Office), the UK’s independent authority upholding information rights in the public interest can be found at www.ico.org.uk
By browsing and using our website you agree to our policy governing privacy and data protection. If you do not accept this policy, you should not use our website.
Collection of information
In order to provide the Global Artichoke service, we may ask you about details of your private life, your interests and seek your views and comments on various issues.
Collection of Contact Details
We will only collect contact information from you (name, address, telephone number, Email address, etc) when you have provided it voluntarily, either by completing a registration or enquiry form or within another communication written by you. Please do not submit your contact information to us if you do not wish us to collect it.
Examples of where we may collect your personal information include (without limitation):
- If you order a brochure or newsletter, we ask for your name, address and Email address. This is so we can effectively mail out the requested items. We will retain this information and send you also the next issue, until asked to cease.
- If you submit a holiday enquiry we ask for your name, telephone number and Email address. This is so we can effectively return the requested information to you. We will retain this information in order to continue correspondence during the enquiry process.
- If you enter a contest or promotion we ask for your name, address and Email address. This is so we can run the contest effectively and let you know if you have won.
- If you order a product or service from us we will ask for information including your name, Email address, postal address and telephone number. These details allow us to process your orders efficiently.
Other means of Information Collection
The information collected by cookies and web beacons is not personally identifiable, it includes general information about your computer settings, your connection to the internet e.g. operating system and platforms, IP address, your browsing patterns and timings of browsing on our website and your geographical location.
During the course of telephone calls, written correspondence and Emails, we will also collect ‘background information’ about you, your likes and dislikes and this will go into your confidential file.
Use of your information
You agree that we may obtain, hold, correlate, merge and use the information we have about you for the purpose of providing you with our services and ancillary services and for our internal business purposes.
These include (but without limitation):
- Personalising your visits to our website and developing the design and style of the site to improve our services to you;
- To inform you of relevant news, products, services or promotional offers;
- Individual and personalised communication from Global Artichoke;
- Informing you if you have been successful in any competition;
- For market research purposes;
- To enable third parties to carry out statistical analyses’, technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf including determining behavioural preferences to manage online advertising;
- For strategic development;
- For any purpose required by law or regulation;
- For accounting.
With your consent, we may supply personal information to third parties.
We reserve the right to access and to disclose personal information to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests or requests by applicable regulatory bodies, to operate our systems properly or to protect either ourselves or our other users.
We may transfer, sell or assign any of the information described in this policy to third parties as a result of a sale, merger, consolidation, change of control, transfer of assets or reorganisation of Global Artichoke.
In the provision of our services, it is often necessary to transfer personal information about you overseas. When this is required, any transfer made will be in full compliance with all aspects of the Data Protection Act.
We keep records of Emails and all other communications with you in accordance with this policy and our other business interests.
Safeguards and Security
No data transmission over the internet can be entirely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information and/or its use, however we go to great length and make every reasonable effort to ensure the safety of your personal information.
In addition to our safeguards your personal information is protected in the UK by the Data Protection Act 1998.
This provides that the information which we hold about you should be processed fairly and lawfully and should be accurate, relevant and not excessive. The information should, where necessary, be kept up to date and not retained for longer than is necessary. Please help us to keep your personal or contact information accurate by letting us know when it changes.
For more information about the Data Protection Act and the Information Commissioner please visit www.ico.org.uk
Changing or accessing your information
Should your contact information change or your preference as to whether you receive our newsletter or brochure, or if you wish to review a copy of the personal information we hold about you, or if have any other queries please Email our ICO Liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org and explain the full nature of your enquiry.